- This event has passed.
Regional In-situ Training Programme on Gerontology, Geriatrics and Policy: Aged Care in 2018 (ISTP2018)
13่ August 2018 - 17่ August 2018
Malaysian Research Institute On Ageing, (MyAgeing) Universiti Putra Malaysia in collaboration with the International Institute on Ageing, United Nations-Malta (INIA) will be organising a Regional In-situ Training Programme on Gerontology, Geriatrics and Policy: Aged Care in 2018 on 13-17 August 2018 at Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya, Bangi, Selangor.
The training programme is open to individuals with professional interest in topics related to population ageing, social gerontology, geriatrics and policy on eldercare. The training will cover a broad range of issues related to care of older persons, such as health, economics, social, psycho-spiritual and environmental aspects of ageing. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Gerontologists, social gerontologists, demographers, statisticians, economists and academicians from other related disciplines
- Geriatricians, medical officers, physicians/doctors
- Nurses, physiotherapists & other allied health professionals
- Psychogeriatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists & counselors,
- Welfare officers, religious officers & other representatives of relevant government agencies
- MPs, state assemblymen & key policymakers
- Age-related NGOs, advocacy and professional groups, social workers, caregivers & volunteers, financial planners/advisors & aged care service providers
- Research/science officers, research fellows, postdoctoral fellows, postgraduate & undergraduate students
- Media practitioners
- Older persons, retirees & their family members
- Caregivers who look after elderly people