Ageing China Development Centre (ACDC)
HelpAge has been working with partners in China for more than a decade to improve older people’s financial security, healthcare and social participation.
Our work in Shaanxi and Sichuan provinces aims to tackle the poverty, health and care issues that older people often face. We also strengthen older people’s associations in rural Shaanxi and urban Sichuan to reduce older people’s isolation and build community networks.
With support from the China National Committee on Ageing (CNCA), Shaanxi Provincial Committee on Ageing (SPCA), and HelpAge, Ageing China Development Centre (ACDC) was established in 2014. ACDC carries on history of HelpAge China project office which operated in China since 2003.
ACDC envisions a society in which older people contribute and participate in development and have rights to live secure, active and healthy lives.
To attain this vision, ACDC carries the mission to cooperate and collaborate with relevant government agencies such as ageing authorities, civil society organisations, donors and development partners, and individuals to support and facilitate older people’s contribution and participation in development and rights to healthcare, social services and economic and physical security.
Ageing China Development Centre engages in the following area of works:
- Conduct population ageing related training, survey and study
- Conduct activities related to design, assessment and evaluation of social projects related to ageing
- Capacity building for civil society organizations and older people’s associations
- Health promotion and psychosocial well-being for older people
- Promote professional, standardised, and age-friendly care services for older people
- Reduce old age poverty and enhance financial inclusion
- Undertake relevant services and projects funded by government agencies and other organisations.
- Other relevant operational areas based on the needs of older people
DENG Xueyi, Executive Director
Room 1211, Shaanxi incubator of Social Organisations
Nb. Fu 102, Weiyang Road
XI’AN 710016, Shaanxi Province
People’s Republic of China
Tel: +86 29 86195866
Fax: +86 29 87297098