HelpAge Asia Pacific regional office has participated in forums and discussions on COVID-19 responses and its impact on older people. We jointly organised webinars with international and regional agencies in the region to represent the voice of older people regarding their experiences, needs and contribution in the context of COVID-19 pandemic, as well as to call for age-inclusive policies and responses.
On 4 June 2020, we organised a webinar titled “COVID-19, communities and older persons” in partnership with ESCAP, UNFPA, ASEM Global Ageing Center (AGAC) and the Japan Agency for Gerontological Evaluation Study (JAGES) to discuss how communities play an essential role in caring for and supporting older people in need.
Co-organised by ASEAN Secretariat, Tsao Foundation and HelpAge, a virtual ‘ASEAN Forum’ focusing on gender and ageing was held on 29 June 2020. It aimed to highlight the vulnerabilities of older women during the COVID-19 crisis and promote gender-equitable and age-sensitive responses in addressing the COVID19 and beyond in the region.
List of relevant webinars on COVID-19 and its impact on older people
UN agencies and our alliance focusing on older people’s issues have conducted several webinars on a wide range of topics. We have collected this compilation of relevant webinars and continue to update the list. If you found webinars missing and would like us to include them to the list, please let us know.
- Arogya webinars
- Centre for Ageing Better webinars
- Concern Worldwide webinars
- CoronaOlder webinars
- COVID-19 and Mental Health webinars
- Geneva NGO Committee on Ageing webinars
- Healthier Populations Webinar Series by WHO SEARO
- IFA Virtual Town Hall Series: COVID 19 and Older People webinars
- ILAS Webinar Series: Living and Learning Empathy in Covid-19
- Linking Social Protection with humanitarian cash webinars
- LSE’s public event series – COVID-19: The Policy Response
- LTCcovid webinars
- NUI Galway webinars
- Overseas Development Institute (ODI) webinars
- READY initiative webinars
- Social protection responses to COVID-19 webinar series
- UNDRR Asia-Pacific COVID-19 webinar series
- World Economic Forum: COVID-19 and Ageing Society dialogues
Other webinars listed by month
Updated 31 July 2020